Saturday, November 5, 2011

Forgetful....But always trying to find inspiration to share...

As I sit here, C is sick, J is exhausted and soundly sleeping, M is in Florida and I am trying to catch up on a lot of things at the same time. I was just Skyping with friends, and now I checking email, uploading photo's and trying to keep up with things before the holiday bustle really starts!!

I have been searching BLOGS lately, as I like to do, but because I am on Facebook AND Pinterest I sometimes forget I have this little blog too.....I find recipes, crafts, inspirations in so many places.  I keep them on my computer but forget to share them. Lately, I have been emailing my bestest friend K, each morning with something to make her smile when she gets to work.  We do not live close to each other, but each day I like to let her know I am thinking of her.  It is a little thing I have enjoyed doing.  I got these from Pinterest and they have been a few of my favorites to share with her.....




Sometimes I find free printables online and save them for the shadow box frame I have in my kitchen.  They are an easy way to decorate for the season or holiday.  Currently I have this one displayed



Soon enough I will print this one for the winter season


and then ofcourse I will have to have this out for a holiday party or something...I mean really, who does not love Buddy!


But in all of the busy of my every day life, I have accepted a part time job!!  Last school year, I helped plan and execute a HUGE event in our school district with the Harlem Wizards. (Remember this post??)  I loved every minute of it, loved the show, the Wizards, the company...everything....A few weeks ago, the Wizards called and asked me if I would be interested in helping "sell shows" to schools in Illinois.  After many questions being answered, many conversations with Mark and my parents, and learning more about the job, I accepted it.  This is a new position for the Wizards to tap into a somewhat unknown area in the mid-west.  It is part time, I can work from home, with no travel, unless I choose to travel and perfect for someone who knows a thing or two about planning one of these events.  I am most excited to share my excitement about this team and these events!  The best part is that it gives me a little something to do, when I can.  When we told the kids about the job, after leaving a Wizards game that was played locally, J said "Mom, are you going to be playing with the Wizards?"  Clearly this child thinks mommy has mad basketball skills, but I let him down easily saying "No, I will be working with the guys to play at other schools like they did for us".  He was fine with that answer but is eager to see them play more around here!


So while I am adding another "thing" to my list resume, my first job will always be mom and wife.  That job is the most rewarding....

1 comment:

  1. What a fun job- sounds like a perfect job for you! And what lucky boys you have :)

    ReplyDelete