Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chicken Wraps

When I find a food / meal I love, I eat it to death...I mean it and my mom would confirm it.  I eat it constantly until I grow sick of it.  For the last year I have eaten some kind of fajita for lunch, everyday.  Chicken, grilled peppers, onion and salsa.  Everyday, wrapped in a tortilla.  I love it.  

But I found this recipe and we had it for dinner recently and I do think this could become my new favorite.....

Chicken Wraps

1/2 c white rice (regular or quick cooking)
4 c cooked / shredded chicken (you could use rotisserie, but I shredded my own chicken)
1 c chicken broth 
2T balsamic vingear
2T light brown sugar
1T chili powder
1t ground cumin
1t hot sauce
1/2t salt
1/4t pepper
2T fresh cilantro
Tortillas

Cook rice according to package directions. 

Meanwhile boil chicken in pot of water.  Shred when it is cooked through.  (If using rotisserie chicken, pull chicken from bones, tossing the skin!) 
Transfer chicken into a new sacuepan, add broth, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, salt & Pepper.  Set pan over med. heat and bring to simmer.  Simmer for 10 minutes (or until rice is done).  Fold in rice and cilantro.  Spoon mixture into tortilla's. Roll and serve.

Heats up later for a great lunch option too! :)

M loved this as did I.  It is filling and fresh tasting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment