Monday, January 3, 2011

Meal Plans

So each month, I take 1 - 2 hours to attempt making a healthy and yummy meal plan for this family.  It is hard since J & C tend to request chicken nuggets 7 days a week, but I try none the less. I get giddy when I find new recipes in my cookbooks or online. I love to try new meals out on our family (or really on M) and get his thoughts.  With each new dinner I mark it as good (and will cook again) or bad and never look at it again.  I have a lot more goods than bads. 

M is a meat lover and would rather eat steak 7 days a week, where I am more adventurous with my eating. I love to look at the photo's of food and decide if it looks good if it will be tried.

So this evenings dinner is easy and healthy....Crispy Chicken Tenders with roasted cauliflower!  I commonly use chicken tenders when I cook chicken for a number of reasons:
1) I can tell the kids they are nuggets!
2) They cook faster!
3) I buy them in bulk and are cheaper!

It is super easy to make this dinner and it all cooks at the same time, and at the same temperature! 

Crispy Chicken Tenders
8 - 10 tenders
Olive Oil
2 C of crushed corn flakes
1 C of parmesan cheese

Preheat your oven to 350.  Spray non stick spray to a 9 X 13 baking dish. 
In 2 shallow pans put some oil in one and the corn flakes and parmesan cheese in the other. Dredge each tender into the oil and then into the dry pan.  Place into the baking dish and use a little extra oil drizzled on top of chicken. 
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes and serve with whatever dipping sauce you like.  We love BBQ Sauce our Smoky Ranch!

Roasted Cauliflower
(I use frozen for this but you can use fresh too!)
1 bag or large head of Cauliflower
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Kosher salt

Place cauliflower onto a rimmed baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil  & sprinkle with salt.  Toss gently.  Place in the oven (with the chicken) and cook at the time same.  Mix 15 minutes into cooking.  The last 5 minutes you should sprinkle the cheese on top and place back in the oven. 

When Chicken is done, plate it first and then bring out the cauliflower!  I plate everything in the kitchen so I do not use bowls and spoons making for more of a mess.  We eat this with a salad!  There are rarely left overs! :)

Prep time is 15 minutes and cooking is 30 minutes! Easy , healthy and delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment