Friday, January 14, 2011

New Meal

On New Year's Day my college friend was on a recipe sharing kick.  I must have seen 10 recipes from her that day.This one interested me for two reasons 1) it's pasta! 2) it was easy!  Both are important at my house on a weeknight!!  


BOWTIE LASANGA

1lbs ground chuck (I used ground turkey as I rarely cook with ground beef anymore)
3 C of spaghetti sauce
5 C of bowtie noodles
1T of olive oil
1t salt
1/2 t garlic powder
1t Italian Seasoning 
1/2 c of Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 c of sour cream (I used light and tasted no difference!)
Fry the beef / turkey in the pan.  Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the directions. After noodles are cooked, drain and drizzle with oil.  Mix in the spaghetti sauce.  Add your meat, seasonings, cheese and sour cream and gently fold until it is mixed through.  Let everything melt together for 5 - 10 minutes over low heat.



I served this to J first and said do you like it?  He said "Mom, I do not like it..............I LOVE IT".  M then tried it and said "NEW FAVORITE!"  (I get that from him alot so I think he thinks it is great and we should have again, sooner than later!)

It was easy.  I did heat up my sauce as it was frozen and not fully defrosted by dinner. I used light sour cream and it was totally fine. My sauce that I make has spinach in it and it was fine too.  (I used the sauce I blogged about 2 weeks ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment