Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday's Project

Well since it is cold, and a little snowy and I am trying to take things OFF my list, C and I tackled another project without leaving the house....OUR PANTRY.

It is not in our kitchen, it is just outside the doorway into the kitchen and well, it is ugly so we started on a two step process to get it pretty (or as pretty as a pantry can be). 

I wanted to simply clean it, but then decided to take out the shelves and paint the walls the same color as the hallway.

 The pantry without it's contents and shelves....
 The contents on my floor (making it tricky to move about for about 2 hours!)

After C and I started this project I walked into the basement to find that my basin tub had overflowed and I quickly had to call a plumber to assist me so we finished the wall painting and I will have to get back to the shelves next week.  
But here is what we got done. 

The shelves and base board (yea, I have base boards in my pantry) will be painted a high gloss while to match the rest of the trim in the house.  It will be pretty and it will motivate me to keep it that way!  At least now step one is done! :)



1 comment:

  1. That's the kind of organization a girl like me can truly appreciate. I love a neat pantry!!

    ReplyDelete